Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Is It Possible, More Then Two Things Can Co-Exist?

Here it is, an early cold wintery morning - all is quiet and peaceful, and I know that today, in a couple of hours, I can choice a very busy, hectic, stress-out day or move though my day more mindful and meaningful - yes, I am wanting to get ready for the festive season, and somehow I am continually being pulled to a different way too choose- at this time of year, there are many events and celebrations in my past that hold a lot of meaning to me - the music at this time of year resonates with me, snow falling in the woods, the warmth in the home of the wood-buring stove, people getting together and laughing, and the just-hanging-out-doing-nothing - hmm, I'm just sitting back and forgetting about all the things I didn't like about my life, and what brought a lot of joy to my husband and myself, was we both love to sing, and were in choirs together and also different choirs. Also, in its own way, when I hear the fiddle being played it exemplfies a sense of belonging to a group of people "Maritimers" (Sea side) that has become part of who I am, and who both my husband and son identify with who they are. Even though I am wanting to go forward with my life, I recognize that the time I lived in the Maritimes, is of great value to me - it is also part of me - i miss the ocean, and don't know what that is all about. Yet knew that every once in awhile it was important for my husband and I to take a drive to the ocean when we lived in the maritimes. Oh, just those gray days, it was always mystical for me to see for miles over the horizon, listen to rough waters, the angry sea, sounds of the waves crashing, that use to draw me to it, especially at this time of year - it was also a time when no one was around and I could walk for miles without seeing another human being - hmm, it was like it was healing - before, in my life I use to think that I had to give up what I had, in order to carry on - what if now, I can hold on to what is meaningful and continue to move through my world, enjoying what the new region has to offer, and yet enjoy what was meaningful for me from before? hmm...

No comments: