Monday, October 6, 2008

How Many Times Do I NOT "Pamper" myself...no, just take time each day to "feel" the beauty that is in me....

Lots is moving and I'm blogging...

Today, I had a "urge" to pamper myself.

I question...when was the last time I "pampered" myself?

This is not about beating myself up, yet, more about an awareness for me to check in with me.

Well, I had a pedicure on the 18th of August. How many other possibilities have I considered and have become "lost opportunities" for me, honouring me, giving myself permission to enjoy the moment...for ME!

And the hard thing for me to write out is, maybe all because of "money" as currency. My belief in "lack of money" and not about "investing in myself" and also, out of my awareness thought and...

OH Man, I don't want to admit that last thought....

Hmm, what does pampering mean to me?

At times it is about "investing" (thanks Amy McNaughton for that notion) in myself or at times, it is about walking my dog that doesn't take any commitments other than to get my running shoes on; walking always feels great, no matter what the weather is, right from the beginning of the walk, down my street with trees that line the street as a umbrella and I continue for more than an hour. AAH that is bringing a smile to my SELF.

This morning I had a amazing walk, and I mean AMAZING - because that is one thing I do that lights me up...and too, I had this desire to "pamper" myself.

Well, I looked into my bathroom cabinet and low and behold, there was skin care to do a facial/mask. How many times do I treat myself to something as simple as this, and as meaningful to me?

You know there is this sense in me that how many times do I not "pamper" myself.....no, just take time each day to "feel" the beauty that is in me. Okay, I still have an old belief from my teenage years that I didn't need make-up because I looked "natural". Lots there to open up, and expand on thought...So, because I still have that belief going into my fifties, at times, heavens to Betsy, I don't look my best for me...it certainly does make a difference if I do skin care, foundation and color. LOL

I do have a bit of 'confusion' around this...at times, I like to do nothing with color, and why do I not feel as beautiful? And the outside world, values, because that is when people speak up about my appearance, is when I wear make-up.

I know this is an age old talk in society...what matter's to me, is why don't I feel as "beautiful" when I don't wear make-up to when I do wear make-up?

I would love this blog to be interactive. I would love to hear what is coming up in your awareness about yourself...

trust yourself

ps.. I am listening to Louise LeBrun's CD right now, Pathways to Personal Power....interesting that it is giving me a lot of awareness, and her voice is clear in my own mind, meaning I am listening actively/receiving and the CD is not just playing...just a suggestion, and go into WEL-Systems Institute storefront if this CD is sparking your attention...
www.WEL-Systems.com

No comments: