Monday, August 11, 2008

Small Changes Have Made Huge Differences In My Life

Well, here I am, half way through my day, it's 10:30 in the morning...what a delight for me that I have recently chosen again to go through my day differently. This change has just arrived. I get up around 6 to have breakfast, and get ready to bike to a women's gym. There, I actively do a work-out class with 5 other women that have been together working out for over 4 years. I am so happy moving my body and spending time with women on the move!!!

Why does that make me what to scream for joy at the top of a mountain?

Well, two years ago I couldn't even get out of my own way. I couldn't even think about getting out of my bed to even eat breakfast. I didn't even have the energy to have a shower. I knew that I wanted to live yet wanted to fall off the world for awhile...and I knew that moving my body was important no matter what anyone else was doing?

At first, all I could do was get ready for a walk with my dog. I would walk about three houses down the road and then come back. Day after day I increased the distance. Extented the distance to around the corner, next neighbourhood, and now I walk an hour or hour and half with my dog most days. I LOVE THAT TIME WITH MY DOG AND MYSELF!!!

So what is this blog all about?

Funny how, we do things in our life for other reasons then doing them just for ourselves. I am not even going to go outside of myself with this thought. Funny how, even thinking about the gym, working out, we do it for a different reason and not for the sure pleasure.

Even at the gym, I see women working out "frantically" and how "busy" their work-outs are..

Interesting how "busy" we can keep ourselves...and I for one, know that I was keeping myself busy for years, being on every committee possible, going for two degrees, extending my welcomed hand to who ever ask for it, "avoiding" or keeping myself "busy" because I was in a marriage that wasn't working for me, and quite honestly, him as well...

Hmm, this is really resonating with me...I have come leaps and bounds with my relationship these past two years with my husband; only because I got "real" with myself. NO, I am not saying that everyone should stay in their marriage...what I am saying is that when I got "real" with myself, that allowed my husband to be "real" with himself.

Is it always easy? UMM, no! Is it always a fuller and more connected way to interplay? Yes, because when I am "real" with myself, it opens up other possibilities, and always surprising to me, usually never the way I would predict the outcome...

I knew enough, years ago, that if i change my dance step then whoever is following, no longer can that dance continue...

Yet, what I didn't know...I didn't know once I changed my dance step...how did I make a new dance if I didn't have another rhythm and pattern to carry out something new?

Wow, I think about the huge difference I have made to myself...yes, it is time for me to OWN all of my journey. As a result, my health has been re-claimed, my husband moves through his world differently. And hey, my son just returned from going half way around the world. What I am going to claim right now in this moment...It is because I got "real" with myself. WOW!!! Yahoo!!!

I would love to hear for you. What I suggest is paying attention to "busyness"... it was something I did for years and how I "avoided" whatever I really needed to face...somehow I am learning that it is never about the big stuff that I fear... small changes have made huge differences in my life...breathing through it all, and not stopping the impulse that is going through the body, that is the challenge..

No comments: