Tuesday, September 16, 2008

There is another way to move through my world, prescription free.

I got a call - voice mail -not even from a 'real person' the other day, from the pharmacy letting me know that my prescription is now up for renewal. Wow, how can that be? I haven't taken insulin since last fall - I informed the pharmacist last fall that I was no longer taking insulin; at that time, i return all the unused insulin and supplies, and I was elated that my doctor had taken me off insulin. Funny how, the sense i got then, and I was bewildered, it seemed like it was an everyday occurrence that someone came off insulin?

There were no questions ask, no forms to fill out, and I walked away feeling a sense of "wow am I just another statistic in this big zest pool?" And, what gift I am, for them to let people know that there is another way to move though their world, without presciptions being filled.

What runs through my own mind is how "routine" and "mindless" this process is. NO, i am not judging, nor saying there is a right or wrong to this...i just sit with a "WOW".

When I went to the doctor two years ago, I was in constant contact with the doctor for the first year. From there I was given a year prescription of insulin and supplies. There is no judgement on this yet how "disconnect" i feel with this notion. How I am in a state of "wonderment". Next question that comes out of me is, "do I care about myself, and/or was it useful for me to have a year's prescription"?

Since I live in a holographic universe, I bring this back to me...was it a good thing, and did it serve me at the time to receive a year's prescription for insulin? What was going through me at that time?... and I no longer know - because that residual energy i was locking down then, is gone.

Today I returned the call, just to let them know that I am no longer needing to fill out my prescription and that they can take me off their list. I no longer have diabetes...and I sit with curiosity, the women replied to me, "I can't find you in my computer, it's bizarre".

After all, "it is all about me"!
I welcome your comments, feel free to leave them on this blog or contact me at:
trust-your-self@rogers.com

No comments: